The Production Operator will safely and efficiently operate Preparation, Solvent Extraction, Degumming, Boiler, Water and Effluent Treatment Plant to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Knows proper start-up/shut-down procedures.
- Understands and is able to implement fire suppression procedures.
- Knows what to do ahead of time in event of an accident or injury.
- Conducts a final inspection before starting equipment after maintenance has been performed.
- Maintains proper housekeeping.
- Understands and observes plant rules.
B. Quality Control
- Knows sample procedures and why sample is being taken. Samples as often as necessary.
- Knows how to analyze samples taken.
- Knowledgeable of product standards and specifications in relation to raw materials, finished product, water/effluent, meal marc, miscellaneous and crude oil.
- Maintains standards of cleanliness and housekeeping appropriate for an edible products plant.
C. Maintains quality and low costs by making appropriate process adjustments after evaluating:
- Computer Data
- Sample analysis
- Visual inspections
- Reading instruments and controls.
D. Performs Preventive Maintenance and assists Maintenance staff as necessary to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
E. Communications- reports all process interruptions and mechanical problems:
- Within team/work unit.
- With other team/work units i.e. the shift relieving you.
F. Flexibility- perform whatever work required to accomplish the safe and efficient operation of Preparation, Solvent Extraction, Degumming, Boiler, Water and Effluent Treatment Plant to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. Even if not specifically outlined in position description. Learns other jobs in plant.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certification required
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in an oil seed processing plant.
- Mechanical ability.
- Ability to communicate and work with others.
- Able to work shift work, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work overtime as required.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bunge.com.