Website Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Supervising Shift Engineer – Third Class to join the Power Plant team at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Supervising Shift Engineer – Third Class you will:
- Operate, monitor and perform maintenance on all Steam Plant equipment in the steam plant, and various building mechanical and electrical systems.
- Supervise designated Power Engineers and staff.
Education & Experience
- Certificate of competency as a 3rd Class Power Engineer recognized by the Province of B.C.
- Four years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to operate all related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to supervise
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
To apply for this job please visit careers-vch.icims.com.