Website Teck Resources Limited
Closing Date: December 1, 2022
Teck Resources Limited is looking for a motivated and fully certified Second Class Power Engineer at our Trail Operations, one of the world’s largest fully integrated zinc and lead smelting and refining complexes.
Reporting to the Shift Leader, the Power Engineer is responsible for operating and monitoring boilers and auxiliary equipment to provide production support. To be successful, we require excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work cohesively as a member of a small team.
This role is in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it’s biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Come and experience what work-life balance is all about!
This position offers relocation assistance and comes with competitive pay, retention bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Monitor and inspect equipment to ensure the safe operations of the plant, as per Technical Safety BC regulations
- Provide operational expertise to resolve frequently changing process conditions
- Solve operating problems and provide production support
- Initiate maintenance orders, perform corrective actions, and make equipment adjustments
- Second class Power Engineer certificate is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must provide proof of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) certification
- Experience operating and controlling waste heat boilers, water treatment facilities, and metallurgical processes preferred
- Computer and mechanical skills are required
- Experience working in a unionized environment and knowledge of Collective Agreements is an asset
- Candidates will be required to participate in an assessment designed to measure fitness and strength as well as aptitude, problem-solving cooperation, and teamwork skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.