Website EverWind Terminals
Full Job Description
JOB POSTING Date: October 28, 2022
Title/Department: Operator – Terminal Operations
Perform duties related to the receipt, storage, shipment, blending and treatment of petroleum products including but not limited to crude oil, gasoline, fuel oil, refined products via ocean going tankers and the loading/unloading of tanker trucks/ ISO tanks according to EverWind policies and procedures. Assist and support the operation of a Boiler and/or Hot Oil heater system. Must be able to work, day or night, with a shift work schedule of 12 hour rotating shifts as part of a 24-hour operation. Must be willing to work overtime.
- High school diploma or approved equivalent
- Proficient reading, writing, communication and math skills including the ability to read procedures, and perform arithmetic functions
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and outlook email
- 3rd or 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Previous work experience as a 3th or 4th Class Power Engineer and previous experience in the Oil/Gas Industry preferred
- Knowledge of petroleum products and industry terminology preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, technical and organizational skills required. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of safe work permitting is preferred
- Previous safety, oil spill response, and ERT training an asset
- Perform all functions safely when complying with Terminal and Provincial regulations, procedures and policies
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Required to participate in the ERT (Emergency Response Team), including but not limited to, oil spill and fire response, confined space and high angle rescue
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Independently gauge tanks as high as 100 ft. using measurement techniques
- Load/unload tanker trucks
- Monitor and operate electric, portable pumps and engines
- Perform dock tasks including operating dock lifting devices, loading arms, dock pumps and communicate with vessels and pilots
- Participate in and successfully complete all required personnel training including written and computer-based testing
- Successfully complete on-the-job training components of all operational levels to attain a minimum Level 1 (Control Room Operator) status
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner throughout the Terminal
- Assist in the training and development of lower-level operators
- Participate in the EverWind Safety Management System
- Ensure reporting of all incidents and accidents to the immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Read and understand blueprints, flow and pipeline diagrams
- Perform other duties as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to:
- Stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lift up to 50 lbs or drag and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- May climb tanks up to 100 ft or work on jetty above water (approx. 40 ft over water).
- Walk up to 2 miles at a time and be able to enter above ground storage tanks through man ways that are 24 inches or larger.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be excessive and may require hearing protection. The employee must be physically prepared to work in outdoor environments in all weather conditions. May be required on occasion to travel for training purposes. Must be able to wear PPE including SCBA/respirator, fire retardant clothing, hearing and eye protection, head protection, steel-toed shoes.
Must have a good positive working attitude and maintain good relations with associates. Must be a self-starter and willing to adapt to changing conditions. This job requires employees to work shifts.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
EverWind believes that diversity is a strength and a critical driver of innovation. We value diversity of backgrounds, abilities, ages, cultures, religions, genders and gender identities, sexual orientations, and experiences of its people. EverWind is committed to removing explicit and implicit barriers to participation in employment as well as fostering an inclusive work environment wherein all employees are able to reach their full potential. EverWind has zero tolerance for discrimination and provides equal opportunity for consideration for employment and advancement.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 12 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.