Website Bitumar Inc.
Full Job Description
ooking for a job that allows you to perform professionally while having fun? Stop searching! We have the job for you; but first, let us introduce you to the company.
WHO IS CANADIAN ASPHALT INDUSTRIES?
Canadian Asphalt Industries is part of the Bitumar Group. Bitumar is a privately owned company specializing in the production of liquid bitumen used in asphalt mixtures for road paving and roofing. Our mission is to manufacture, in a safe and environmentally friendly manner, ecological high-quality bitumen products.
In business since 1977, the family business now employs more than 250 people and ensures the production and distribution of its products through its 12 sites located in Quebec, Ontario and on the east coast of the United States.
Bitumar and its employees are guided by values of excellence that express themselves in their daily lives. Health and safety at work, the importance of respect for the environment, results orientation, entrepreneurship, trust and respect, family spirit and teamwork; values that promote a healthy corporate culture.
Summary / Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Plant manager, the apprentice process operator / steam, will be responsible of assuring general plant operations and plant maintenance.
- Transferring liquid asphalt products for receiving, blending and shipping purposes, including off-loading rail cars, trucks and ships;
- Product testing and testing of boiler feed water;
- Minor maintenance;
- Keeping the work environment in a clean state;
- Steam: perform maintenance and operational as required
- A valid 4th Class Power Engineering Ticket from TSSA;
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken).
- Commitment to Safety Excellence;
- Team player;
- Good analytical thinking;
- Work Committed;
- Takes accountability for actions;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
SCHEDULE & Conditions
- Job includes a lot of outside work and also climbing of tank ladders up to heights of 60 feet;
- 1 operator may be on 8 hours rotating and training will be daytime for 1 month or 2 months and 1 operator on the 12 hours shift.
- 28.45 to 40.52 $/hour as per the salary progression of the collective agreement;
- 29.84 $/hour after 120 days of probation
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $28.45-$40.52 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.