Website McCain Foods (Canada)
Full Job Description
Position Title: Chief Engineer
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Carberry
Requisition ID: 15314
Why You Should Join Our Team:
McCain offers full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance. In addition, we offer other benefits including:
- BlueCross Benefits starting on Day 1
- Pension Match 5%
- Career Development & Education Reimbursement Assistance
- Apprenticeship, Internship, & Coop support and opportunities
Sustainability and Planet Friendly Practices are at the heart of McCain:
We’ve embarked upon a journey to create planet-friendly food. We are committed to investing in resource-efficient operations in factories and farms.
- We are moving to 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Donating 200 million meals to food banks and NGO worldwide by 2025.
- Implementing regenerative agricultural practices across 100% of our potato acreage by 2030.
As a Chief Engineer at our Carberry, Manitoba Food Processing Plant you will coach, lead, and develop a team of power engineers. Providing them with direction, ensuring that safety is met with the highest standard, and ensure operations of the boiler and refrigeration systems continue to operate reliably.
- Safely Lead, mentor, direct and train a team of second and third class power engineers
- Operation and maintenance of a 1st Class powerhouse that includes ammonia and refrigeration systems
- Ensure safety codes, legislations and other applicable regulation are followed in relations to boiler and refrigeration systems
- Along with the Plant Engineer and Maintenance team, provide support and direction to tradespeople in maintaining the reliability of boiler and refrigeration, and water treatment services
- Administrative responsibilities include Budget control as well as task/time scheduling using CMMS as well as electronic reports as required
- Supervision of contracted services within the factory as required
- Assist factory teams in developing areas of opportunity
- With support from other leaders, ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- 1st Class Power Engineers License
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- The ability to lead, train and collaborate with others
- Solid understanding of proactive maintenance systems as well as continuous improvement strategies included in the lean manufacturing model
- Understanding of energy conservation methods/systems
- Experience with refrigeration systems and water treatment operations
- Results-oriented with strong problem solving abilities
- Adaptable and flexible team player who is a champion of change
- Strong computer skills
Previous experiences that might be an asset in this role include the following titles: 1st Class Power Engineer, Head Engineer, Chief Power Engineer
Want to learn more? Ask our recruiter on LinkedIn! #LI-SW1
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of COVID-19 pandemic. With vaccination restrictions easing across the globe we do not currently require employees to be vaccinated, but we reserve the right to change this mandate in line with health guidance and regulations in each country.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mccain.com.