Full Job Description
Ronmor is an established private real estate company based in Calgary, Alberta that has been operating for more than 30 years. The company owns and manages an extensive portfolio of shopping centres, office buildings, industrial properties, and one of the largest private land holdings in the province.
With great emphasis on creating innovative projects with sustainable design and superior construction quality, Ronmor typically develops and retains ownership of its projects. This mandate has helped Ronmor evolve into a sophisticated development and management company that maintains a long-term vision.
Ronmor is a successful family-owned, third generation company, owned by two families with long, deep roots in Alberta who remain active in the direction and leadership of the company.
Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, the Building Operator is responsible for efficient, safe and economical operation and maintenance of the buildings in the portfolio ensuring the properties are safe and comfortable.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage building interior and exterior including cleanliness and aesthetics of building and surrounding grounds
- Ensure proper functioning of mechanical equipment, building management system and access security systems
- Inspect, troubleshoot and make minor repairs/modifications to building equipment
- Identify repairs to be completed by contractors and oversee completion and inspection of that work
- Regularly review and make recommendations related to preventative maintenance schedules for all building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Maintain logs and/or readings following equipment inspections to ensure safe and proper operation
- Follow safety guidelines and actively lead in establishing safe work plans
- Prepare and submit purchase order requests
- Respond to requests for building maintenance and repair issues, including emergency calls
- Coordinate quotes and schedule third party contractors for advanced maintenance and/or installations
- Maintain Ronmor tools, machinery, equipment and vehicles and ensure they are properly used, cleaned, stored and maintained
- Conduct regular building tours; promptly investigate and report any potential hazards or unsafe conditions to the Property Manager and Vice President
- Attend regular department meetings
- Prepare and submit monthly maintenance/inspection reports
- Complies with Ronmor’s Code of Conduct and Health & Safety Policies at all times
- Build and maintain good working relationships with tenants, contractors and suppliers
- All other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS)
- Class 4 or 5 Power Engineer Certification is required
- A diploma or trade certification pertaining to HVAC, electrical, mechanical maintenance or related field is considered an asset
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a Building Operator or in a similar role, preferably in Commercial Real Estate
- 1-2 years with building automation, security access control, security camera and elevator programming software
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance practices, methods and equipment
- Proven customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- High level of professionalism
- Microsoft office experience
- Holds a positive “can-do” attitude
- Sound understanding and strong adherence to safety standards
- Able to stay mentally focused for prolonged periods
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work demands
- Physically fit/strong and able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Valid AB drivers’ license with clean driver’s abstract
- Available and willing to work on-call rotations
- Regularly communicates and collaborates with internal team members on work orders, purchase requests and other matters pertaining to building operations
- Regularly interacts with tenants
- Liaises with outside contractors for quotes and services scheduling
- In and out of vehicles and buildings
- Outdoors in any weather
- Physical demands include climbing ladders, crawling, crouching, standing, getting on/off rooftops, operating machinery, tools and equipment, etc.
- Overnight callouts and overtime hours (based on scheduled rotation)
- Unpredictable workflow
Ronmor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law. Employment selection decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.