Website Southern Health-Santé Sud
Full Job Description
Requisition ID: 328787
Competition #: SS-22-1364
Posting End Date: Open until filled
City: Portage la Prairie
Site: Southern Health-Santé Sud
Work Location: Portage District General Hospital
Department / Unit: Physical Plant Services
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: To be determined
Anticipated Shift: Days/Evenings
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Wage Rate: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Engineer 5th Class performs required duties within the skill set of a 5th Class Power Engineer.
The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
- Grade XII education (Manitoba standards)
- 5th class Power Engineer certificate as recognized by the Province of Manitoba
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and relevant legislation
- Demonstrated ability to make appropriate calculations as required
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate
- All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
- Requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license, an all-purpose insured vehicle and liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.00
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wrha.mb.ca.