Website Maple Leaf Foods
The successful candidate works in the Maintenance department at Maple Leaf Foods’ Brampton Poultry processing facility. He/she works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, responsible for maintenance of production equipment. This person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to quality of our products.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Preventative maintenance and cleaning duties assigned.
- Operation and maintenance of all refrigeration systems in the plant and on the rooftop
- Maintenance of all equipment in boiler and refrigeration rooms
- Maintenance of all refrigeration equipment in facility
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements to TSSA Standards.
- Participate in plant equipment repairs/installations.
- Interface with necessary Contractual and Inspection Departments for corrective and or legal requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of safe management, operations and maintenance through compliance.
- Improve plant efficiency by reporting on operating conditions of equipment, determine operating window, and helping to develop and maintain a maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot any mechanical breakdown relating to the Production Department to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products.
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring plant and powerhouse are operating in accordance with the TSSA.
- Ensure all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations.
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements
- Directly helps the department to meet targets & goals while maintaining a healthy & safe work environment
- Addresses issues with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Fulfills all Health & Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
What You’ll Bring:
- Ideally must hold a valid and current 3rd Class Stationary Engineer certificate, Class “B” and Class 4th will considered
- Must have a full complement of hand tools IDd for Food Safety program
- Must have Environmental Awareness Card with experience in Environmental and Energy tracking reporting methods
- Able to perform heavy lifting regularly (up to 50kgs)
- Able to work shift work and overtime as required including weekends
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Ammonia awareness is an asset
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.mapleleaffoods.com.