Simplot Canada (II) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company. The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the following systems: steam, refrigeration, compressed air, plant water, domestic water, fire suppression, biogas, emission control (WESP), nitrogen generation (VPSA), cold and hot glycol systems, building HVAC units.
- Ensures safe and efficient operation of the Boiler/Refrigeration systems in full cooperation with all powerhouse and other maintenance personnel.
- Continuously monitor all systems and participate in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling equipment.
- Provides full support to production by cooperating with the Shift Manager, the Process Quality Supervisor, and other production personnel to reach production targets.
- Conducts inspection on the fire sprinkler system as required.
- Ensures that work orders are completed as assigned.
- Maintain accurate logs of all monitored equipment.
- Ensures effective training of new Boiler/Refrigeration Operators and Mechanics.
- Maintains work area in a clean and functional condition.
- Performs assigned responsibilities during plant evacuations due to fire and ammonia related emergencies.
- Ensures attendance and participation in training activities appropriate to the position and incorporates acquired skills and knowledge.
- Ensures no injuries to self or others by following safe work practices and policies.
- Ensures self-compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform assigned duties and while representing the Company.
- Ensures additional responsibilities that may be assigned by management be handled in a manner that meets company standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Diploma in Power and Process Engineering is preferred
- 2+ years related experience and/or training
- Must hold a Third Class Power Engineer Certificate showing progress to successfully complete all provincial exams to obtain a Second Class Certificate.
- The area of work includes both inside and outside the facility. This position requires the ability to work in extreme environments of hot and cold. The operator in this position is required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The individual in this position must establish and maintain open communications and productive work relationships with Maintenance Supervisors, Shift Managers, Production employees and Maintenance co-workers.
- The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the areas in which they are working and is required to have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates it. It is imperative the individual conducts themselves in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and its surroundings.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in a professional manner
- Must possess basic writing and computer skills for recording information on daily logs, preventative maintenance forms, work orders, and the supply system
- Must have the ability to operate valves, keyboards, equipment, and other controls.
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to use personal protective equipment, such as respirators, SCBA, and safety harness.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, catwalks, maneuver in close quarters, and work at heights and inside confined spaces.
- Ability to operate a forklift and aerial lift equipment once trained and certified, and must meet the standards on fall protection restraints.
- Must be able to stand for long periods on concrete floors and work in extreme environments (hot, cold, humid, and slippery).
- Overtime requirements in this position are common and may be required to meet operational goals
Job Requisition ID: 12432
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant – Portage la Prairie
** Simplot Canada (II) Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.simplot.com.