Website Harvest Operations Corp.
Full Job Description
Harvest Operations Corp. is a diverse energy company based out of Calgary offering exposure to conventional upstream oil and natural gas production and SAGD operations. We are focused on identifying opportunities to create and deliver value with an active development program and a technical approach taken to maximize our assets.
Senior Plant and field Operator (Bilbo / Grande Prairie) will be reporting to the Deep Basin
Partnership Senior Foreman, duties include monitoring the day-to-day operations of the gas plant and field operations. This individual will be expected to be actively engaged with Plant and field activities. This individual will be expected to work an average of 40 hours per week.
Overtime as required, including call outs. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Engineering and construction team to build and commission new facilities, modify existing infrastructure, and decommission facilities as required
- Day-to-day safe operation and upkeep of the gas plant and field equipment
- A plant, field, and administrative presence that will balance with the day-to-day requirements and activities
- Support and initiate safe work practices, development of SOP’s, review, and personnel validation
- Identify and recommend opportunities to maximize production, minimize operating costs and eliminate downtime
- Perform routine laboratory analysis and interpretive task’s related to a shallow cut process system
- Assist the Foreman with budget preparation
- Relief Foreman duties when required
- Coordinate and work with operators and contract service providers to conduct preventative maintenance work according to schedule
- Daily reporting of production problems, downtime, environmental or safety incidents.
- Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts
- Train, coach, mentor and evaluate the performance of operators
- Competently demonstrate awareness and compliance to all regulatory jurisdictions
- ABSA regulated practices and guidelines are followed
- Grade 12 or equivalent education
- 4th Class Power Engineering certification
- Preference given to Gas Processing A-D Certification
- Preference given to a candidate that has certificates in Instrumentation or Electrical
- Skills in utilizing a plant DCS or equivalent control system along with field and plant
- Minimum of 8+ years oilfield operating experience and at least 4 years of that being gas plant and process experience, specifically shallow cut process, C5 stabilization, power generation and waste heat recovery systems
- Strong field experience with artificial lift, gas lift, plunger lift, rotating equipment, chemical application in both a sweet gas and sour gas environment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Leadership experience with the ability to work and direct within a team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others.
- Safety conscientious
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Production Reporting Systems
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Required to maintain all safety and regulatory courses
Harvest Operations Corp. provides competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. The candidate selected maybe considered for direct employee or on a contract based term. We are committed to providing ongoing professional development and opportunities for career advancement. Please visit Harvest’s website at www.harvestenergy.ca to learn more about our company.
Please reference “Job Posting – #10285 – Senior Operator – Bilbo” in the subject of your email.
We sincerely thank those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit harvestoperations.com.