Website AV Terrace Bay
Full Job Description
AV Terrace Bay is an exciting and innovative company, converting to the unique global market of pulp and fibre. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, AV Terrace Bay’s focus is to produce pulp products. Must relocate to Terrace Bay, ON.
The Aditya Birla Group is a USD 55 billion corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities.
Why Work for AV Terrace Bay?
- Competitive wages and benefits (Health, dental, pension)
- Company paid benefits and employee matching
- Relocation assistance is provided
- Low cost of living in Terrace Bay
- Clothing, work and tools allowance
- Paid training
- Outdoor lovers paradise – fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, quading – if you like the outdoors this place is for you
- On the North Shore of Lake Superior
A successful candidate:
- 2nd Class Power Engineer license or Bachelor of Chemical Engineering preferred
- 5-10 years of production or industrial supervisory experience
- Previous kraft mill experience would be a strength
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered a plus
What the role entails:
- Ensure departmental compliance with applicable OH&S legislation, corporate policies, procedures & guidelines;
- Keep up to date with new technology and management methods;
- Ensure that operating activities are in accordance with health, safety and environmental legislation;
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensure employees adhere to these standards;
- Ensure maximum performance of the Recaust Utilities and Effluent Departments through effective use of systems, procedures and resource;
- Inform the Management of potential major production, environmental and quality problems, take immediate corrective action as required , and propose longer term solutions;
- Manage the needed supply of raw materials for the area;
- Plan and organize short shutdowns in the Steam Plant and Recaust areas;
- Mentor Shift Engineers and develop a talent pipeline in coordination with HR
- Implement initiatives in discussion with the Management to improve retention of high performing employees in Steam and Recaust
- Frequently monitor and review quality parameters.
- Ensure proper use of resources to minimize overtime.
- Conduct safety audits and crew meetings.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Onsite mask and social distancing, availability of sanitizing stations, and daily screening of all visitors/employees.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- TERRACE BAY, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- production or industrial supervisory: 5 years (required)
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (preferred)
- 2nd Class Power Engineer license (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.