Website Alberta Boilers Safety Association
Full Job Description
ABSA, the pressure equipment safety authority is looking for the right career-minded person to become a Power Engineering Examiner for the province of Alberta. This position is based out of our Edmonton office. ABSA is designated by the Province of Alberta to ensure that pressure equipment is constructed and operated in a manner that protects public safety. ABSA Examiners are responsible for administering workforce certification programs for Power Engineers, Welding Examiners, and In-Service Inspectors. Duties and responsibilities of Examiners include the following:
- Organizing and invigilating examinations within Alberta, including special sittings;
- Evaluating applications for examinations for all certification programs;
- Grading of examinations for Power Engineers, In-Service Inspectors, and Welding Examiners;
- Evaluating applications for temporary certificates;
- Evaluating foreign qualification;
- Advising businesses and individuals on the requirements of the Power Engineers Regulation;
- Updating examination banks and answer guides to reflect changing legislation, codes and standards, technology, and work practices.
- Representing the province of Alberta as a delegate at SOPEEC meetings.
- Chairing committees and work groups related to the Power Engineering profession
ABSA Examiners must possess, as a minimum, a valid First Class Power Engineer Certificate of Competency. Additional qualifications, attributes, and experience include:
- Prior experience in pressure equipment operations and/or power engineer education and training;
- Familiarity with the codes and standards governing pressure equipment in Alberta;
- A desire to ensure that Alberta remains a pressure equipment safety leader;
- A commitment to safety in the workplace and for the public;
- A positive attitude that facilitates cooperation with your coworkers and clients;
- An attention to detail while maintaining an understanding of overall safety compliance;
- Previous experience in providing training or education to industry and/or the public.
ABSA provides a positive working environment, competitive compensation and benefits, excellent personal development, and the opportunity to enhance public safety through our program development and delivery. This position is based out of our Edmonton office but hybrid remote working is also available.
Benefits of working for ABSA
- Competitive compensation
- Never on-call
- Generous health, dental, & wellness benefits including flexible benefit credits
- The opportunity to contribute to and improve pressure equipment safety in Alberta
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.