Website Fraser Health
Full Job Description
We hire great people for outstanding jobs and need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. We are looking for a Full Time Maintenance Worker V/Power Engineer to join our Plant Services and Construction team at Ride Meadows Hospital located in Pitt Meadows, B.C.
Join our Facilities Maintenance and Operations team – a department that provides hospital site-based stewardship of physical assets including structural, mechanical and electrical systems through programs of preventative, predictive and demand maintenance and long-term infrastructure renewal.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Detailed Overview: Performs a variety of maintenance and repair functions on buildings and equipment; operates the power plant by operating the boilers, air conditioning units, emergency power and other related equipment of the facility. Responsibilities:
- Monitors, maintains and repairs electrical systems and related equipment. Troubleshoots electrical circuits and makes repairs within capabilities. Maintains safe lighting throughout the entire physical plant.
- Performs electrical and mechanical repairs to equipment and appliances such as beds, wheelchairs, autoclaves, washers, sterilizers and dryers by replacing and/or repairing items such as drive units, electric motors and control valves, changing seals and bearings.
- Performs repairs on plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, water supply lines and waste lines including unplugging of toilets, drains and plaster traps. Maintains and adjusts all domestic water systems and related equipment.
- Monitors, maintains and repairs medical gas systems, sterilizer equipment, stills and sanitizing washers and records daily oxygen consumption.
- Maintains and repairs building fabric such as walls, roofs, doors and windows.
- Constructs items such as walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows by framing, applying and finishing materials such as drywall, wood paneling and floor covering.
- Performs plastering, painting and decorating by selecting a variety of paint, plaster and wall coverings.
- Operates the steam and hot water plant as required by boiler and pressure vessel safety act by monitoring, adjusting and testing of related equipment and safety devices. Performs chemical treatment and assures efficient operation of the plant. Logs all technical data and records fuel readings daily.
- Adjusts HVAC controls to keep building within specified comfortable limits.
- Operates and assures readiness at all times of the building emergency systems such as fire alarm systems and emergency stand-by generators by performing inspections and tests. Takes appropriate action to maintain essential services during power failures and internal or external disasters.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies, equipment and tools, completes related reports and records, recommends purchase or related equipment and supplies.
- Performs emergency removal of snow and ice from entrances, walkways and service driveways for safety of visitors and staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Certificate of competency as a 4th Class Power Engineer recognized by the Province of B.C.
Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Ability to operate related equipment.
To apply for this job please visit careers-fraserhealth.icims.com.