Full Job Description
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Maintenance Technician with Hines, you will operate and maintain all building systems, troubleshoot operations failures and re-establish building services; acts as building systems expert in recognizing deficiencies in current systems, and understands and explains the impact of implementing changes to current systems or installation of new systems. You will oversee the quality standards of the vacant units and ensure they are in market ready conditions that meet the Hines standard. Primary responsibilities will be in the performance of painting duties and related tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be a property Ambassador welcoming residents and guests in a friendly and engaging customer service manner.
- Examine unit wall surfaces to determine the appropriate amount materials and time necessary to complete required work.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs on all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems including, but not limited to pumps, chillers, boilers, air compressors and air handling units.
- Make adjustments and changes to HVAC and related equipment in order to maintain established operating criteria within the guidelines set forth by the Supervisor.
- Perform general repairs, maintenance and replacement of building components including, but not limited to: building fixtures and appliances, plumbing, electrical and A/C controls.
- Participate in the water treatment chemical programs established in the property
- Maintain operation logs and files, where appropriate, to include, but not limited to: central plant operations, chemical consumption logs and other equipment or operation inspection logs specific to the property.
- Apply well developed knowledge and skills in HVAC distribution and controls in order to make adjustments and/or corrective actions to resolve work orders.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate materials for drywall and other surfaces.
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions.
- Inspect all drywall and wall finishes for damage and repair/replace as needed.
- Inspect and verify that units have been properly caulked and sealed as needed throughout the interior including walls, sinks, showers, bathtubs, windows, etc.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide suggestions for increased efficiency and productivity.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control programs by verifying parts are up to standards for repair rather than a complete replacement when possible
- Assist in maintaining the property such as the grounds, common areas, and amenities
- Perform general cleaning, pressure wash, trash removal and other duties as assigned
- Be attentive to questions from other service members and residents, respond in a respectful manner to complaints about maintenance services, and assign work requests based on priority and urgency.
- Understand policies and procedures of the company and of the assigned property
- Possess computer skills necessary to effectively administer work order programs and building operations
- Successful completion of all required training programs within required timeframes
- Comply with all company and regional policies
- Other duties as assigned by the Property Manager
Minimum Requirements include:
- High school education or equivalent is required
- ABSA 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate of Competency
- Pool Operator Certificate
- Three or more years of maintenance or related experience preferred
- Driver’s license to operate machinery in property
- Resourceful team player whose integrity will build strong and trusting relationships with customers and teammates
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 285 cities in 28 countries. Hines oversees investment assets under management totaling approximately $90.3 billion¹. In addition, Hines provides third-party property-level services to 373 properties totaling 114.2 million square feet. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,530 properties, totaling over 511 million square feet. The firm currently has more than 198 developments underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a foundational commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
- Salary is to be discussed during the interview process and the estimated salary shown is inaccurate. The salary offered is determined based on experience.
To apply for this job please visit careers-hines.icims.com.