Website The Explorer Hotel
Full Job Description
Replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed. Respond to guest’s maintenance requests to improve their stay. The Maintenance Manager needs to be competent with using hand and power tools and work to a WHMIS Health and Safety Standard. Personal protection equipment MUST be used in compliance with Work Safe regulations.
Responsibilities: • Operate the building’s automated mechanical systems. • Diagnose minor repairs of HVAC, emergency, electrical and waste management systems. • Minor equipment repairs of faucets, pipe lines, toilets, sinks, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, lighting, small appliances, kitchen equipment, and hardware accessories. • Maintenance provides not only hands on involvement but also technical support and guidance with regards to safety, environmental, quality assurance and maintenance to ensure the efficient operation of our building.
- Monitoring of subcontractors while on site, ensuring terms of contracts are met in accordance with company policies and contract provisions. • Maintain positive contractor relationships while overseeing contracted services such as cleaning, security, HVAC, etc. • Respond to guest service requests within standards established for safety, comfort, cleanliness, responsiveness, follow up and communication. • Professional, prompt and courteous service and correspondence with guests when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services.
- Attend regular staff meeting. • Carry out the planned maintenance program for the hotel. • Perform urgent/emergency maintenance requirements; assist in maintaining a preventative maintenance program for centralized mechanical and life safety systems (e.g. boilers, furnaces, ventilation systems, exit lights, fire panels, etc.).
- Routine inspections and preventative maintenance of non-vital building systems and report on issues as they arise; routinely performs roof maintenance, drain and leak inspections to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems; complies with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; responsible for log keeping related to building general, as well as life and safety systems; assists with preventative maintenance of site vehicle and other motorized equipment. • Apply all applicable Policies and Procedures such as, but not limited to, company operating and safety standards. • Promote safe work practices among on-site staff. • Ensure compliance with all federal, territorial and municipal laws for building codes and environmental laws and regulations.
Administration: • Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements. • Receives, tracks, monitors, and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required • Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements. • Maintains all assigned tools and equipment, and arranges for repair and replacement where required • Submits all expenditures on a timely basis. • Other duties as assigned Qualifications: • Minimum 3-5 years of proven maintenance experience. • Knowledge of mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Familiarity with all aspects of building operations including HVAC, mechanical, life safety, generators, boilers, fire alarms and sprinkler systems. • Possess a “handyman” aptitude for building and system repairs. • Effective time management and communications skills. • Willingness to be on call in case of emergency.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract. • Must be able to pass a clear criminal check. • Must be able to lift and carry at least 60 lbs. and climb onto ladders.
Licenses and/or professional accreditation: • 5th Class Power Engineering Certification Any one of the following are considered an asset: • Building Operator Certification or equivalent through an accredited institution preferred • Building Systems Maintenance Certificate (SMC) • Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA) • Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT) • Facilities Technician Certification • Working towards a trade license • Working towards Building Environment Systems (BES) Operation Class 1
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.