Website Westmoreland Mining LLC
Full Job Description
Reporting to the Chief Power Engineer, this position is responsible for supervising and maintaining production in the Activated Carbon plant.
Duties/Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the chief power engineer to ensure all pressure vessel operations, repairs, and alterations are in compliance with the TSASK Boiler and Pressure Vessel regulations.
- Assume the duties of the Chief Power Engineer as required.
- Provide technical assistance and supervision of the Activated Carbon plant to achieve production goals within the statutory requirements of the OH&S Act, Mines and Environmental regulations, and TSASK requirements.
- Actively develop the employee skills that are necessary to safely and efficiently operate and maintain the Activated Carbon plant to produce a quality product.
- Provide training and evaluation of 2nd and 3rd Class shift engineers.
- Carry out regular inspections; and
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2nd Class Power Engineer Certificate, ability to obtain a 1st class certificate within 3 years.
- Strong computer skills
- Previous supervisory skills
- Excellent work ethic with proven positive work performance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Saskatchewan OH&S Regulations and the Boiler & Pressure Vessel Act & Regulations
- Other combinations of skills, education and experience will be considered
To apply for this job please visit westmoreland.jobs.net.