Website Accor HQ
Full Job Description
Assistant Chief Engineer (Full Time)
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this supervisory position is responsible for the ongoing maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance of the hotel with a focus to improve efficiency, profitability and service levels.
What is in it for you:
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
What you will be doing:
- Provides supervision, administration, leadership direction and development to Maintenance team
- Develops and implements administrative standards, procedures and guidelines to ensure consistency, safety and prompt service to internal and external guests
- Ensures delivery of exceptional service through focus on training, problem resolution, performance management and employee satisfaction
- Ensures highest levels of productivity through regular spot checks, proactive staff planning, hiring, scheduling and training
- Monitor colleagues performance and do annual evaluations, suggest training available for their development
- Distributes daily work load and projects in accordance with qualifications of staff and urgency of job
- Follows up on jobs to ensure work has been completed to professional Fairmont standards
- Makes recommendations to the Chief Engineer concerning condition of equipment and potential problems
- Consistently monitors and educates all contractors on site related to hotel policies, safety standards and guest services
- Ensures by spot checks that preventative maintenance program is followed as it is implemented
- Sets an example to all staff in quality workmanship and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Places orders for routine maintenance items
- Assists in repair and maintenance of premises and equipment
- Maintains close and effective working relationship with all other departments
- Ensures all life safety program for the hotel is within government standard, codes and certifications of mechanical vital components is adhere to the building
- Ensures that necessary equipment testing is done regularly (Generator, Fire pump, etc.)
- Perform inspections of guestrooms and public areas and liaise with various department for preventive maintenance scheduling and repair
- Be a member of Health and Safety program of the hotel and making sure rules, regulations and policies are being followed by colleagues
- Perform supply and materials inventory and ordering
- Monitor colleagues task, making sure that important daily walk thru is being done and raise of any mechanical concerns
- 24/7 on call basis availability during an emergency situation
- Oversee the department in the absence of the Chief Engineer
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering certificate or equivalent with 5 years supervisory experience in a hospitality environment.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Highly organized, decisive, with ability to handle multiple projects under deadlines and changing priorities
- Computer knowledge in energy management and building automation software programs.
- Motivated by opportunity to improve skills in all building management functions. These include trade skills, all related codes and new or innovative methods of improving efficiency and operation of the building
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written presentations
- Excellent teamwork skills and high level of initiative
Your team and working environment:
Edmonton’s ‘Chateau on the River’ For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskatchewan River Valley, the hotel’s charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the City’s most sought after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton’s only four-diamond ‘Chateau on the River’ offers unparalleled views of North America’s largest expanse of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically designed guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game in luxury was we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold and Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivalled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our confederation lounge and our award winning restaurant, The Harvest Room.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
To apply for this job please visit www.hosco.com.