Website Maple Leaf Foods
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As 2nd Class Engineer for the plant, the incumbent will be responsible for addressing & managing all regulatory requirements. Our 2nd Class Power Engineer Rate is $45.88/hour.
12 hour shifts, 630am-630pm, in a rotation including x2 days, x2 nights, x4 off
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Maintenance & operation of all utilities related equipment & processes which includes the steam plant & system to end use, HVAC, compressed air, water systems, natural gas, refrigeration, scrubber
- Assist with the efficient & safe operation of the rendering department
- Manage contractors & interact with manufacturers & vendors
- Develop & manage, SOP’s, PM’s, PDM, WO’s
- Project development & implementation including utilities initiatives
- Fulfill all health & safety, food safety policy requirements
- Development & training of employees
- Develop culture of participation, responsibility, accountability & teamwork
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- 2nd Class Power Engineering ticket
- Steam, ammoinia and refrigeration experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Previous experience in a food production plant or manufacturing environment an asset
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Steam & refrigeration experience
- Additional tickets such as Millwright & Plumbing an asset
- Experience in a food processing environment
- Good computer skills – proficient in Microsoft office applications & experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Experience with root cause analysis & continuous improvement programs such as 6Sigma
- Requires initiative, results oriented, demonstrated leadership & excellent communication skills
- Work as part of a team & be an exceptional fit with our Leadership Edge Values
- Project management experience
- Desire to achieve personal, departmental & plant goals
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.mapleleaffoods.com.